Would you and your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Be sure to know about the disaster plans for your community, employer, school, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form