Would you or your children know what to do in the case your home or community is affected by flood, storm, fire or other disaster? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency occurs, there is a great chance you will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is so important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in case of emergencies. Paul Davis recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an easily accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and ensure that everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least two times a year.
Having a plan in place will help you and your family be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our neighbors and friends. Please take a moment to download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, storm, mold, water or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form